Code of Conduct | Sheraton Heliopolis Language Schools
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Rights of Students
1. Receiving professional education.
2. Expecting safe school.
3. Being respected and treated fairly.
4. Expressing your idea in accordance with SHS policies and procedures.
5. Dressing in a way that expresses your personality.
6. Having appropriate opportunities to participate in school activities.
7. Learning in an environment free from discrimination by employees or students.
Responsibilities of Students
1. Attending school daily, and on time and being prepared to learn and taking advantage of educational opportunities.
2. Being aware of all expectations regulating behavior and conducting in accordance with these guidelines.
3. Expressing opinions and ideas, as well as, treating everyone in the school community with respect in accordance with SHS policies and procedures.
4. Dressing appropriately in accordance with the school division’s dress code.
5. Seeking information and services that can help you with personal problems.
1. By administrative discretion, cell phones or electronic devices may be retained until the following school day prior to retrieval by parents/guardians.
2. Remote monitoring of computers on the network at each school site occurs at the discretion of the administrator “the use or possession of tobacco, alcohol, or other illegal drugs is prohibited.”
3. Below is a list of some interventions and responses that are available to student's examples of interventions that may be implemented to support students who are exhibiting behaviors that violate this Code of Student Conduct.
Code Violation Categories offer administrators guidance when determining the appropriate interventions, supports, and/or responses for student misconduct. Each category represents the maximum consequence permitted for specific code violations; however, depending on the circumstances, administrators may provide an intervention, support, or consequence from a less category.
Category 1: Supports & Interventions up to Minor Consequences
Category 2: Minor Consequences up to a 1-3 Day Suspension from School
Category 3: 1-5 Day Suspension from School
Category 4: 6 -10 Day Suspension from School
Category 5: Long-term Suspension or Expulsion from School